Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Gamer #7

So Thursday rolled around and I noticed that I had no streamed at all and I couldn't find a game to stream either. Throughout the week I picked up Vindictus again, a brawler MMO style game which kept me busy. I have lots of fun with it due to not necissarily needing a strategy and you can just get in group with random people quickly. The one major gripe I have with the game is that you need to have a good internet connection otherwise it ruins the experience for everyone else. Other than Vindictus I have been watching Its Gosu Esports a lot. Kyhol streams quite a bit on there and is always hilarious to watch and I talked a bit with FireFlash who is really really cool. Personally I am really glad we got All4One part of IG.

During the day on Friday I was looking for my disk copy of F.E.A.R. and realized I let my friend borrow it. He was unable to find it and gifted me the game on steam, I was quite surprised by this. So after 6 hours of downloading :| I was finally ready to stream it. I currently am about half way through the game, further than I have ever been. If you are interested in watching I will post three vods. Theres certain sequences (third vod if I recall) where I just refuse to go down this one hallway. The game really gets inside your head and I love it.


I was having a lot of technical issues with the game, realizing how old it actually was. Due to my resolution it was very unoptimized so all my shooting was delayed. The game also felt very clunky. I managed to fix this in the third vod by making the resolution of the game considerably smaller so sorry for that but it was much more playable.

So between FEAR sessions I ended up playing some TF2 on one of my favorite communities (that lead back to Quake 3 Fortress) Railbait. I spent a lot of time as Soldier and Medic, my two primary classes. I absolutely love all the new Soldier items, dispite the RPG having 3 rockets it shoots faster and the shotgun having only 3 slugs. For medic I keep it default except for the ubersaw and I feel that is very necissary. You can view that game play here.

Last thing I streamed was last night as I was making food (that I forgot about, I was not happy) was Fortress Forever pickup games on the new 2.43 patch. I spectated the end of a pickup which was about 5-10 minutes long then sat in IRC for about 10 more minutes waiting for the next pickup to start. One person bailed out once it started because they did not want to play a 3v3 game so I jumped in. This game was played on Xpress, a small map on a floating island base which is generally used for 2v2 games. I played a decent soldier on defense getting a few airshots which I will highlight soon. On offense I played scout and started off horribly. As the game went on my skill was coming back and I pulled off tons of amazing concussion grenade jumps that I will also highlight very soon. The quality of the vods for Fortress games are considerably low compared to other games because they require so much cpu power. Every explosion and particle is used and it strains the pc so much (not to mention Fortress Forever is on the 2006 Half-Life engine so there is no multi-core support). You can view the vod here. You can also download the game here with the new patch.

That's it for this blog. I'm actually going to be away for about a week so don't really expect anythign from me till next weekend. If I get some gaming time in I'll do a small blog to sum up what has been going on. Have a great 4th everyone and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment