Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Gamer #12

So I got a good amount of footage for this blog. I was going to write this last night but Antarianism kept me distracted with TF2 which was quite fun (stabbing him in the back over and over). But there is some really good stuff in this with me starting a new project and also thoughts on another small project that I don't know how soon I'll start.

First off let's show what's up with the first project. I do map making for Fortress Forever. This was my first major map release being pretty successful. At the moment I started a new map which is a port from Quake 3. Spider Crossing is what it's called and it's an amazing map to play. I am quite skeptical how it'll play in a pickup setting but I'm willing to give it a try. If all else fails and people hate it I'll just throw it in a portfolio that I'm starting to create. As I stream my mapping I enable my dual screen and put a small window of the map in another game for a reference. Just so you can see what/how I'm doing. If you are really interesting in this sort of thing check it out

My next quick play through has been Quake 2 which I have been playing with my friend. I really forgot how much fun this game was and I realized as we started playing that I have never actually finished playing through it. So why not stream it as I go! It brought back so many memories and we are probably doing this more often with older games so expect a bit of coop action. Sit back and reminisce the jump sound.

Vod : One Two

Next up was some Neverwinter Nights as I try and get further in this story. I ended up forgetting a quest item so I have to go search for it which took me quite a bit. I eventually find it and continue going through. This game would be quite fun with coop as well. Instead of having a mercenary you have a coop partner. Anyways I'm really enjoying this game as it's so unique and better than any rpg out now. Enjoy.

Now it's time for some horror games. I've been mostly playing F.E.A.R overDead Space recently but I love them both. I'm getting close to finishingF.E.A.R. as I'm only a few chapters off and it has been getting pretty tough. I'm running out of my heavy weapon ammo and that's one of the few things that really hurt the mech and heavy armor enemies. On top of that I have tons of shotgun ammo which I don't really need even though it is overpowered. Now Dead Space has been making me jump all the time recently. It never really did before and I progressed quite a bit during this game play. I tend to stick to the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Pulse Rifle. I am thinking of switching out the Line Gun for the Force Gun as it's much better for close quarters. It's a nice game if you want your adrenaline running. 

F.E.A.R. : One Two Dead Space : One

Last up on the list is Starcraft 2! Finally I get some SC2 footage. Thank you so very much everyone for migrating to my channel for the two days. It was a lot of fun just doing a more relaxed (and sleep) casting style. Check out the great IG Beta and Alpha divisional vods from this week! Other than that last night Antarianism wanted some PvT help so we were going to doYabot with Orion to help him learn some stuff. Instead we loaded up ICJug and did a koth kind of with the few people we had. Was a lot of fun to have a few people all around the same level of skill face off.

IG Beta One Two IG Alpha : One ICJug : One

That's about it for content besides this small little TF2 video from last night. Just a few knife kills with a lot of whiffs, the last kill being on the scout (Antarianism). We gotta play more man that was fun! Anyways a little info on the other project that I want to do is based on games that I am completely terrible at and end up raging. I would be posting these on myyoutube but I am not sure when I will start. The first game would be Frozen Synapse, a top down Rainbow 6 type game. I can't for the life of me get past the first campaign mission and I keep raging. Well that's about it for this blog, thank you everyone who comes on my channel and hangs out as I play games. I'll most likely play something tonight at some point (hopefully SC2)!

No comments:

Post a Comment