Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Gamer #15

All I can say is really SO MUCH FORTRESS. I have played so much of it the past few days it's ridiculous. Whether it be Fortress Forever or Team Fortress 2. Other than that though I streamed a little Minecraft and reinstalled Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Soulstorm. I really wish I hadDoW 2, it looks pretty nice. 

So first off I was helping my friend kill time during his stream since he was doing a 24 hour marathon. The first game he wanted to do was Minecraftand do some adventure maps (which went terribly wrong). I knew two of the maps but I refrained from doing stuff to quickly move the group through but one of person did. We go through The Redmurk MysteryEscape Craft and Escape Craft 2. Come watch us fool around trying at first to do the trials correctly.

So next since there isn't as much footage but still longer videos is Team Fortress 2. I finally crafted The Original rocket launcher so I have a very nostalgic weapon with remastered sounds. Well here are two videos of me dominating pubs both at an hour and forty-five minutes each. In the second video I do try out different classes so you don't only have to watchsoldier. I play some demoman and engineer with a great sentry spot. I always play on these one set of servers but if you want to invite me somewhere else to play please do. I'm always looking to play with people. Also during my stream yesterday I was on the front page again!!!! I want more viewers, come make it possible! I have a fun stream to hang out in if you haven't checked it out already. You can view it at Twitch.tv and I have tons of info on there. Anyways here are the two vods:


Finally I streamed quite a bit of Fortress Forever pickup games. I have to say as much as I love the game I really can't stand the community. The thing is though you can't avoid it since there is about 20 maximum pickup players. You just have to deal with it. Well this doesn't stop me from dominating either way. There's a lot of footage here and I can only recommend the last three vods out of all of them. There are plenty of goodoffensive runs and some really really nice airshots. In the first vod I also do a little skill jumping. It's been a while since I have done it.

Vods : One Two Three Four

I have been practicing Super Street Fighter 4 quite a bit recently. Working on my Akuma combos as best I can trying to get them down. I am so close to be perfecting c.lk c.lp c.mp tatsu into a srk but I am always a little late with my shoryuken so it misses. I have yet to practice against someone though so I don't know exactly how it fairs. Besides Akuma I want to learn someone that isn't shoto so I decided to start doing the challenges for Chun-Li. I didn't understand her charge technique at first but after some help from BestBipson I was able to start doing her kikoken and her ultimate.


Alright I am going to be posting the contest rules later tonight on my forums here and like I said before it'll require Team Fortress 2 (which is now free) and know how to use its replay feature to create a movie or fraps. I am still figuring out a prize but how many prizes really depends on how many people are going to participate. I will probably keep the contest open for a week or two so people can get entries in. We'll see later when I get everything sorted out.

Thanks everyone for reading this. Sorry I haven't been witing as many blogs I have been getting quite busy. I'll try and get another one out before this weekend. My birthday is on Monday so I am most likely going to be away for a bit starting the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment