Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Gamer #14

Man I have probably written this about four times with me pressing a button every time refreshing the page or going back. A little info that has been going on with me; I have been house sitting for my friend as he drives down to Florida. Sadly I had to miss the past two nights from power outages (phone dead too :|). Anyways I do have some footage I would really like to share from last week from just a few different games. 


First off is some more Fortress Forever pickups. Here are two pickup games that I played, first on Schtop and the second on the map Destroy. I did fairly well in both games but in comparison the second game was better that started around the 35 minute mark. I have been playing  Fortress Forever more and more due to my other main fortress game (Enemy Territory Fortress) has been quite dead due to summer time. Anyways I'll continue to keep playing as it's tons of fun and one of my favorite games.


Next up was some Starcraft 2 laddering! I actually sat myself down and streamed some ladder. I ended up going 4 wins and 1 loss in my session losing to a pretty strong 4 gate which I should have saw coming better. Other than that I faced a guy two times in a row and got a little bmed at the end of the second game because I beat him both times with the same exact strategy. I'll just say... how sad (you'll get it if you watch the vod). Last part of the laddering that I absolutely loved was my last game played. I played against a protoss (gee what else do I face :|) who decided to do a very late 4 gate rush while I sat back and did my 3 gate robo defense which transitions into Collosus. I watched his army the whole time with an observer and saw right before he came to attack me that he hallucinated some units.. actually quite a bit of units. So I let quite a few units up my ramp since i saw the hallucinations and eventually forcefielded it once i saw about two or three real units there. Granted I came out ahead and got bmed for not being a man and hiding behind my forcefields. I ended up getting a few collosus and destroying his entire army and even more hallucinations which I came back to say "I heard hallucinations were good." Sometimes I really love this game because of all the idiots that play it. Well maybe that's a bit harsh. More like the people who think they are much better than what they are. Anyways here are the five games that I played.


The last game that I played was Natural Selection 2. I believe I wrote about it in a previous blog (cba to look) but it is a first person shooter which mixed RTS elements in it. Both teams are playing a FPS game and assign a commander to play RTS to place health packs, set commands, and place buildings. The main objective of the game is to destroy the opposing force's Command Station(s) or Hive(s). The two factions in the game are the Kharaa (aliens) and the Frontiersmen (marines). I played just about two hours of it last week (stream wise) and tons more off stream. I am really loving this game and waiting for it to be complete. Check out this awesome gameplay here and here.
So I have been gone for a bit and saw the Huk announcent via phone before it died. I have to say reading that whole thread on TL brought a tear to my eye. Every sentence that was said was so heart filled and it's sad to see him leave Liquid. I feel he might lose some training unless they get involved with some training house (Huk and Idra) due to Puma. Otherwise it'll be a much better situation for Huk. 


Okay it's time to rant you can skip the part if you want I just need to get this out. Fuck the haters, especially on TL. Yes I am personally not a fan of EG but I still respect them in a high manner. Who cares if Huk is switches teams. BOO FUCKING HOO you aren't a fan anymore since he isn't on Liquid. You aren't a true fucking fan if you only liked him since he was on Liquid. You should accept whatever he fucking does. Plus if you are saying that EG and Huk are only doing it for the money... well duh that is what this world revolves around. Even if EG is a team they are a business as well and guess what THEY DEAL WITH MONEY TOO. So here is a big FUCK YOU from me TL posters, and a great big GL to Huk. This will help him tremendously financial wise. That is one of the most troublesome things about being a pro gamer is the money. Okay I need to stop :).


So other than everything else my friend bought me Terraria for an early birthday present and I have been loving it, much more than Minecraft. It adventuring is so much more rewarding I'd recommend it to anyone. I am still hosue sitting for my friend till who knows when (I'm guessing till this weekend) so don't expect too much from me unless I feel like just writing something. Hope everyone has been having a good week so far. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment